LILY BALDWIN is a queer artist, filmmaker, and actor based in NYC, Berlin, and LA. Baldwin combines her deep love of dance and film to craft visceral stories with dreamscapes and stylized documentaries. Focusing on hybrid forms, she blurs supernatural, action, and thriller genres. Recent experiences living with disability give her a unique inside-out lens; she bridges disabled and able-bodied perspectives.
Her works have screened at all major festivals including Sundance, SXSW, Berlinale, and the Venice Biennale, and have been exhibited around the world at galleries and museums including Lincoln Center, the V&A Museum, Miami Art Basel, and Carnegie Hall. Her shorts are featured on The Criterion Channel, Netflix, Amazon, Filmmaker Magazine, and NOWNESS, among others.
As a dancer, Baldwin performed on the world tour of David Byrne and Brian Eno’s album EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WILL HAPPEN TODAY, with the Metropolitan Opera Ballet.
Lily is the creator and host of the podcast STORIES OF THE STALKED, a genre-bending true-crime series produced by Ventureland and Feast Collective for Audible UK. She is the founder of STOP STALKING US, a nonprofit that unites people impacted by the dangerous, often invisible, crime of stalking.
Baldwin has been a juror for the Tribeca Film Festival, taught and lectured at numerous Universities, is a Sundance Institute New Frontier fellow, a Nantucket Screenwriters Colony Fellow, and a member of the Guild of Future Architects. For her forthcoming documentary feature CHRONICLE OF HIP, Baldwin was named a Sundance Institute Interdisciplinary Program Grantee, supported by the MacArthur Foundation.
- Recipient of the Sundance Institute New Frontier / Jaunt VR Residency for THROUGH YOU
- Selected as an VR creator for Oculus & Kaleidoscope’s inaugural DevLab
- Awarded Best Sensual VR Experience at the 2017 Raindance Film Festival
- Named one of Independent Magazine’s 10 Filmmakers to Watch
- Named one of ShortsHD Top 10 Emerging Filmmakers to Watch
- SEA MEADOW awarded one of Aesthetica Short Film Festival Top Ten Films by Female Filmmakers
- Fellowship at Nantucket Screenwriters Colony
- Glass at IFP RBC’S EMERGING STORYTELLERS
- SEA MEADOW Academy-Qualifying theatrical run