DORY AOUN is an award winning Cinematographer, currently based in Sweden, known for his artistic and technical sophisticated filming. In addition to shooting several hundreds commercials on 35mm film, Dory Aoun became one of the most experienced Cinematographers in Digital Cinematography worldwide. Dory developed in 2005 a Special High Speed Camera which he used to shoot all the high speed scenes of the 6 Oscar winner movie “The Hurt Locker”. Also he shot all the high speed scenes of the Visual Effects award winner movie “The Viral Factor” in 2011, and shot special scenes for the USA network series “Covert Affairs”. Beside his talents in aerial and field shooting, Dory has a large experience in High Speed shooting, tabletop, Milo Motion Control, Cyclops and Bolt rigs. Dory has worked with several worldwide recognised Directors such as Roger Spottiswoode (James Bond), Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker), Dante Lam (The Viral Factor) … to name a few. He has been known for his work on international brands and large list of clients such as Pepsi, Sony, Exxon Mobile, Toyota, J&B, Dove, McDonald’s, Pringles, Nescafe, Nestle, Miranda, Absolute Vodka, Braun (International), Grohe, Galaxy, Lux, Lipton, Rim Sparkling Water, Abro Beer ( Sweden ), Dewars, Stadium ( Sweden ), MBC, Zain Telecom, Lays, Burger King… As well as being a succesful cinematographer, he has also a background in directing theatre comedy. He is a musician, Snowboarder, Kart racer and a biker! An extreme mix of a unique creative character!
- Shot all the High Speed Scenes of the 6 Oscars winner “The Hurt Locker” including “Best Picture”
- Shot all the High Speed Scenes of “The Viral Factor” winner of “Best Special Effects”
- Finalist in London International Advertising Awards for Carpet Plus (Medicis) as Director of Photography
- Phoenix Award for Intracom (Impact/BBDO) as Director / DoP, Lebanon Advertising Awards
- Gold, Bronze and Silver Awards for JPP (Team Y&R) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising Awards
- Gold Award for Ghazalein (Team Y&R) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising Awards
- Bronze Award for Fastlink (Saatchi & Saatchi) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising Awards